For decades, one of the most visible Tech traditions was the old Chevrolet Pep Truck that ran along the sidelines of Overall Field during football games. After a long absence, the Pep Truck, is back on campus. You likely have strong memories of the old truck and may be pleased to learn the Alumni Association Board voted to reclaim the old truck this past summer and thanks to Alpha Phi Omega alumnus Michael Allen, the truck led the 2017 Homecoming parade.
Private support of alumni and friends with fond memories of the truck will provide the resources needed to restore it to a reliable condition. You can help today's students enjoy the same connection to this time-honored Tech tradition by being part of the effort to restore it. Private support is crucial for not only the restoration of the truck, but its ongoing upkeep. Below, you’ll find a breakdown of the work needed, and the associated costs, to restore her to her former glory:
- A $5,000 investment would complete the frame restoration
- A $1,500 investment would provide new front suspension
- A $1,000 investment would provide new glass for the windows and windshield
- A $500 investment would replace the engine
- Four investments of $200 would replace the transmission
- Five investments of $100 would replace the lights
We need your help today! Regardless of the size, your support will be used to restore and maintain Tech Traditions like the Pep Truck. Together we'll ensure the Pep Truck becomes a prominent feature in the minds and hearts of all current and future Tech students.
To make a gift, please use the form below.