This award shall be given to an individual, business, or organization who continues to donate their resources, finances, and personal time to the University. This award may be given to an individual who is not an alumnus of the University. Candidates for this award include an organization or individual that has been very generous to the University and its students. This award is for visionaries, statespersons of the community, employer and workforce partners, and regional leaders. While the desired outcome is to select one recipient, a maximum of two (2) individuals may be selected to receive the Outstanding Philanthropy Award in any given year, with the understanding that no award shall be given unless a nominee meets the stated criteria.
Selection criteria for the criteria for Outstanding Philanthropy Award are as follows:
- Generous giving of resources (money or time) to the University.
- Major influence on volunteers to become involved in fundraising or supporting the University.
- Outstanding volunteer efforts in raising money for the institution or expanding business/employer collaboration for the University.
- Exceptional civic responsibility and integrity.
- A continued commitment and philanthropic effort that has improved the quality of life for the University, students, and community.
- Members of the Executive Board and current members of the University faculty and staff (including members of the staff of the Crawford Alumni Center) are not eligible for the awards. The Awards Committee of the ASSOCIATION reserves the right to change the category of a nomination if it deems necessary.
- All individuals selected to receive an award from the ASSOCIATION are required to accept the award in person, unless the award is given posthumously.
- The Executive Board shall have the exclusive right to select recipients for the awards given by the ASSOCIATION. While reserving the right not to participate in the selection process, the Vice-President of University Advancement and the President of the University have final approval over all of the award recipients.